Looking for a race this spring? Over the past six years I've had the pleasure. This is by no means an exhaustive list. If you're not from Minnesota or you're looking for a different race, check out Running in the USA's calendar to search for races.
You'll notice several of these races are free or discounted for MDRA members. I highly recommend a Minnesota Distance Running Association membership for Minnesota runners. Any one of the member benefits is worth the price alone. Not only do you get free or discounted races, you also get a bimonthly magazine, a running log with a race calendar, and discounts at many Minnesota running stores. I've been a member since 2010, and I've got my money's worth every year. Sign up at Join MDRA.
You can click on the name of each race to go to the race's website.
- Lake Johanna 4 mile - March 17 - free for MDRA members
- MDRA 7 Mile - March 31 - free for MDRA members
- Ron Daws 25k - April 7 - $5 MDRA preregistered, $15 nonmember, $20 for all on race day
- Goldy's Run 10 mile - April 8 - $65 through Feb.16
- Fred Kurz 10 Mile - April 14, $10 MDRA member, $20 nonmember, $30 on race day
- Earth Day 1/2 Marathon - April 21 - $55 through March 12
- Mudball Trail Run - April 22 - free for MDRA members
- Run for the Lakes Marathon and Half Marathon - April 28 - $65 for half and $60 for full by Feb. 28
- Lake Minnetonka Half Marathon - May 6 - $65 through March 10
- Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon - May 12 - $90 by Jan. 31, $110 by March 31
- Valleyfair Run & Ride Mile, 5k, and Quarter Marathon, and Half Marathon - May 19-20 - $75 for half marathon through Feb. 24
- Fargo Marathon and Half Marathon - May 20 - $75 for half and $100 for full by Feb. 28
- Med City Marathon - May 27 - $65 for half and $75 for full by Feb. 28
- Lola's Lake Waconia Half Marathon - June 2 - $60 through March 16