Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Motivation and Races


My last post on motivation gave some tips for getting and staying motivated over the holiday season. Though there are lots of great ways to get motivated, the best motivation for me has always been racing.

When I've got a race on the schedule, the first thing I do, sometimes even before I sign up, is write a training plan. Nothing gets me more motivated than looking at my training schedule and having a daily workout.

The prospect of completing your first 5k, half marathon, or marathon, or of running a new best time, may be the perfect motivator for you as well. Knowing that following that schedule gives you your best chance of doing your best might get you out the door better than anything else.

So, if you're looking to stay motivated, stay healthy, complete your first race, or run a new best time, consider signing up for a race. If you live in the Minneapolis area, check out my post on winter events if you want to do a race soon.

In my next post I'll share some of my favorite spring races, then highlight those races in individual posts.

Run well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email