Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Shoe Review: Hoka Clifton 2


Since I found out about Hoka One One brand a couple years ago, I've been wanting to try them out. Their price is somewhat higher than shoes I've been running in, but after the Hoka Clifton 3s were released, I decided it was time to pull the trigger and a pair of Clifton 2s.

I'm glad a did. In the first 100+ miles of these shoes, I've been very impressed. Here's some pros and cons:

What I like: Though the sole of the Cliftons is incredibly thick, the feel very light. The rocker-shaped sole also feels like it aids in forward motion. The upper fits my foot shape well, and the cushioning feels perfect.

What I don't like: At first, the tongue seemed to press a bit against the top of my foot and front of my ankle. After a few runs, however, it doesn't seem to be a problem. The shoe's thick cushioning also took a bit to get used to--at first it felt a bit awkward, but now I'm used to it.

Overall, I really like the Hoka Clifton 2s. They fit well and they don't sacrifice weight for cushioning--for how thick the sole is, they're incredibly light.  I haven't used these for a speed workout as I prefer my Saucony Kinvaras, but they do work find for tempo and long runs.

Read a more in-depth review over at Runblogger.

Read more about running shoes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email