Sunday, October 23, 2016

Healthy Habits: Two Weeks to Go

Starting in September, some of my readers and I have been working on healthy habits: making a healthy habit or breaking an unhealthy one. My goal was to limit myself to one bowl of cereal per day and 2-3 sweets per week. It takes an average of 66 days to make or break a habit, and we're down to the final two weeks.

I've missed my goal a few times--I had cereal at breakfast and again as an evening snack a few times. There were also a couple times I had probably had 4-5 sweets per week. I didn't keep track of those too well. For the next two weeks, I will limit myself to 2-3 sweets per week and one bowl of cereal for sure.

My readers have made some great healthy habits. I'd like to award a prize in the next two weeks for the "best" healthy habits, but I don't want to pick. So, above this post are the entries. Vote early and vote often for what you think are to best healthy habits. Note: Sometimes these polls don't work on the mobile site.

Run well!

2 comments:

  1. I have found that exercising has so many benefits. When I exercise at least 5 days a week, it's easier to stay at a healthy weight, my blood pressure stays down, and I can manage my stress much better. Eating fruits and veggies is easy for me since I like them, but I still have to watch out for snacking for no reason other than the food is there! (I think this is a Leckband family trait!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! I think it's also a psychological thing--you see food and it makes you want to eat it. I try to keep snacks out of sight.

      Delete

Follow by Email