Saturday, September 10, 2016

Shoe Review: Underarmour Speedform Gemini 2

Full disclosure: I received this shoe for free as part of my pacing assignment at the Fargo Half Marathon. I wouldn't have chosen this shoe on my own, but it does fall into the category of shoe that I would wear--a neutral, cushioned shoe.

I've now run over 150 miles in these shoes, so I've got a good idea of what I like and what I don't like.

What I like: The shoes have what appears to be a durable outsole. There is very little blown rubber on the outside of my Saucony Kinvara 6s and my Hoka Clifton 2s. I generally wear out the outsole on a shoe before the midsole, so the Speedform Gemini 2s look like they may last a bit longer.

What I don't like: The collar of the upper has a ridge that rubs my ankle just a bit. Honestly, I barely notice it anymore, and it's never given me blisters, so it's a pretty minor complaint. The other thing I don't like is that they're quite of bit heavier than my Kinvaras of my Hoka Cliftons.

Overall, these shoes are OK. I wouldn't use them for a race or for a faster workout due to their weight, but they seem like they're going to be a decent pair of shoes for easy and recovery runs.

Next up: Hoka Clifton 2s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email