Tuesday, August 16, 2016

August Sugar Challenge


As of noon today, I'm halfway through the August sugar challenge. I've heard from a couple of you who wanted to join in the August challenge, and I'd love to hear how you're doing. If you want to start now and go for the last 15.5 days in August, feel free to join.

Here's a summary:

Bronze:
  • Pick one sugary food or drink to eliminate from your diet for the month of August. 
Silver:
  • Limit yourself to one sweet a day, week, every other day, or whatever. 
Gold
  • "Eliminate" processed sugar from your diet.
Read all the details on the August Sugar Challenge post.

As for my challenge, it's hard to say where I am. I haven't eaten any "sweets" per say, but there's been a couple of unitential slip ups, along with a couple of lapses in self-control.

I wanted to limit myself to not eating anything with more than 9 grams of sugar, but I accidentally had chicken tenders with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce, and it has 16 grams of sugar.

As far as self-control goes, I've gone back for seconds on my Kashi Dark Cocoa Karma Wheat Biscuit Cereal a couple of times. If that counts as a sweet, and I'd say it does, I'm somewhere in between bronze and silver. 

So for the rest of August, I'm going to continue going "sweet free" as much as possible, trying to stick to the limit of nine grams. There is, however, the matter of politeness. So, if someone makes me some sort of special sweet treat, I won't say no.

Feel free to leave a comment on Facebook, Twitter, or at the end of this post to let me know how you're doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email